It is that time of the year when families begin touring college campuses, exploring options for post secondary education. While a traditional four-year college may be an excellent fit for many individuals with ASD, others might require additional supports as they make the transition to adulthood. I was excited to see this 2019 list of Best College Values for Students with ASD, even more so when I noted the the University of South Florida’s Learning Academy here in Tampa received recognition for its stellar program. It is encouraging to see the options available to support transition-age youth, as completion of a post-secondary degree is a significant predictor of positive adult outcomes (independence, financial autonomy, and employment) in individuals with ASD.
Contact Us Today!
- Today is World Autism Awareness Day – Take the Sit Up for Autism Challenge
- Company Finds Benefits Outweigh Obstacles Employing Those With Autism
- 20 Best Value Colleges for Students with Autism 2019
- Autism Speaks Names Top Ten Autism Studies of 2018
- Florida Woman Becomes First Known Person With Autism Admitted to Florida Bar