I work with many adults who struggle with the sensory and social demands of the workplace. This New York Times article provides a very interesting window into a business where the majority of workers have autism. While I am not aware of any such company in the Tampa Bay area, it is my experience that most employers recognize and value the diverse set of skills individuals with ASD bring to the workplace. With some education businesses will eagerly provide accommodations (on-site mentors, sensory modifications, and visual supports, to name just a few) to meet the unique needs of their employees with ASD.
Contact Us Today!
- Today is World Autism Awareness Day – Take the Sit Up for Autism Challenge
- Company Finds Benefits Outweigh Obstacles Employing Those With Autism
- 20 Best Value Colleges for Students with Autism 2019
- Autism Speaks Names Top Ten Autism Studies of 2018
- Florida Woman Becomes First Known Person With Autism Admitted to Florida Bar